Doogee is a Chinese firm based in Shenzhen, and is dedicated to creating somewhat amazing Android-based smartphones. They have now announced a new edition of the S-series, such as the Doogee S98, another one of his Rugged Phone. This new mobile device already has a scheduled date for its global launch, and it will be around the end of March. As an advance, it has already been possible to see a teaser of what this model will be and the truth is that it will not leave anyone indifferent, especially for some details.
The new Doogee S98 device will implement impressive features, among which especially highlight the integration of a dual screen and also a camera with night vision. But this will not be the only thing that this model saves, since its hardware and software are also more than remarkable, and for competitive prices. Nor should we forget that what is seen in the teaser leaves very good feelings in terms of design and finishes, something in which many cheap devices falter, but that is not the case with this one.
About the Doogee brand
Doogee is the third brand of the international technology group KVD International Group Limited. A group that has three brands: KVD, BEDOVE and DOOGEE. The objective of these brands is to offer good devices in terms of value for money, providing quite remarkable features but at lower prices than their Western competitors. In addition, quality is another of its final objectives, in addition to innovation (as has been evident in the Doongee S98).
This group has a good reputation in the Chinese market, and little by little it has been expanding beyond its borders, especially in Europe through an official Spanish distributor. In addition, it has signed an agreement to sponsorship in Spain with Villareal CF. In fact, all club members even have special offers for this brand.
Although the factory is in Shenzhen (China), the KVD group has had its headquarters in Hong Kong since its inception. establishment in 2002. Since then, they have focused on researching and developing all kinds of communication devices and equipment, as well as accessories or peripherals. In the past they became OEM and ODM manufacturers for high-end clients of well-known brands, and today they put all that experience into their independent products and brands.
Technical characteristics of the new Doogee S98
If you are interested the technical characteristics of the new Doogee S98, from what is known about him, this smartphone will have:
- SoC: MediaTek Helio G96 at 2.05 Ghz
- Node: 12nm
- CPU cores: OctaCore with 2 x Cortex-A76 at 2,05 GHz high performance and 6 x efficient Cortex-A55.
- GPU: Small G57 MC2
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4X low consumption and high performance.
- Internal storage: 5.1 GB capacity eMMC 256 flash type and UFS 2.2. Expandable using microSD cards.
- Screen: double
- 6.3″ touch front with LED LCD panel and FHD+ resolution (2520×1080 px). With Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- rear that you can customize using images. On this second screen you can check the weather, the time, control sound playback, see the battery level, and many other things.
- Front/Selfie: 16 MP, inserted in a small hole.
- Rear/Main: multi-sensor (3 sensors) 64 MP main + 20 MP night vision + 8 MP wide angle. It also includes LED flash. But what stands out the most is that you can record videos and take pictures at night, even in the dark where the human eye is not able to see. Two of the sensors are fixed to one side of the rear screen and the third along with the flash on the other side of the screen, to be able to center it.
- Battery: High capacity Li-Ion, with 6000 mAh to last for hours without charging. Supports fast charging at 33W and wireless charging at 15W.
- Connectivity: USB-C, WiFi DualBand, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, side fingerprint sensor.
- Slots: microSD and SIM.
- Operating system: Android 12 updateable by OTA. It ensures that the Doogee S98 can be kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.
- Extras: It is also surprising that this mobile device has some equally interesting extras that are difficult to find in other devices and that are related to the robustness and reliability of the Doogee S98:
- IP68 protection | IP69K: maximum in its category to make the smartphone resistant to dust, even the finest, and submersible in water without damage.
- MIL-STD-810G standard: It is a military standard certificate that guarantees that the mobile could work well even in the most extreme environmental conditions (cold or hot).
- Weight and measurements: T.B.A.
- Colors/Versions: T.B.A.
- Price: T.B.A.
If you are interested in this smartphone, you already know that in a few days it will arrive on the market (end of March) and you can get a unit of this piece of engineering with its introductory offer in its official website.